Monday, February 2, 2009

life without internet means hard to blog...

so i am living in the middle of the jungle and the lions roar puts me to sleep and the hissing of the black mamba is what wakes me up in the morning. JUST KIDDING! although i am really good at killing cockraoches the size of my palm (with wings) that have decided to share my room with me, despite these the exotic animal viewing has been non existant. But you guys don't really care about that...
what you want to know about is south africa right? well... it is amazing! the people from my trip are amazing and the people that live here are amazing (everyone is a lot friendlier than in the US) and the LOVE Obama. Here they are also a lot more traditional, i always get a chair and get a lot of drinks bought for me. It is nice, but it is going to take some getting used to.
Since the very first night when people invited us to a volleyball/soccer game in the rain it has been non stop activities, bars and clubs.
Sorry it has been so long without any contact, we don't get our internet log-ins untill we register on thursday, so until then i haven't be able to get on. Sorry if it seemed like i was ignoring ya'll but there is like one internet cafe and it is always closed. Oh and if you want to try and call me my number is 764494778, im not sure how it works from the US i am assuming you have to get a calling card and figure it out that way.
As they say here.... cheers!

2 comments:

  1. to call Laurin from the US you have to
    dial 011-27-764-494-778

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can get a phone card at any gas station and it's 5 bucks for an hour. laurin is wroth it

    ReplyDelete