Wednesday, February 4, 2009

in other adventures....

Other fun things I've been up to... well the Indian Ocean is pretty cool. We spent an entire Sunday jumping in the waves and getting sunburned. I didn't spend more than 5 minutes on the beach. The water was so warm and the waves were big. There was also long piers you could jump off of or watch the surfers from. I am saving the surfing adventure for another day.

Monday I participated in a city-wide road rally called the Amazing Race. Divided into cars with volunteer drivers we raced around Pietermaritzberg with clues to collect higns, do things and take photos of including popping popcorn and painting my face. At one poin my car was second out of sixty, it was pretty fun and intense.

Today was one of the first days we have had to relax. We played a lot of frisbee and i went on my first very sticky campus run. Tonight some of my new friends gave me a Zulu name: Thandeka (Tan-day-kah) meaning likable/lovable. I also learned two different kinds of clicks used to speak zulu, one written as an X and the other as a Q, i will teach you all when i come home.

Each day is full of adventure, hopefully tomorrow will bring more internet so i won't have this backlog of blogs.

2 comments: