Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ubuntu...

Quick post. I had an amazing day volunteering today. Only a few of us went and most of them just played soccer. Me and like 8 little girls (the youngest, all around 5-7) played all afternoon. They taught me some dances, and i taught them the macarena. They have no English skills at all so i was really rattling my zulu Brian. We played a lot of games in circles and dances and then i taught them the airplane ride with your legs. I had the entire place lined up waiting for airplane rides. I think i did like 300 leg presses.

Leaving there sucks because i think they are all so adorable. And i know i don't do much more than play when i am there, but i know that none of these girls get any individual attention usually so i guess that is all i can do. They talk to me in Zulu like i know what they are saying, and i just mumble along to their songs, but it is the highlight of my week. I think i decided i am definitely working with kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment